Star Mountain is a rapidly growing lower middle-market (“LMM”) investment management firm with three complimentary strategies, private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing all focused within North America. These complimentary investment strategies provide compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in carried interest. The Firm has ~$3 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 50 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch leveraged finance and private equity businesses and executives trained at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
Star Mountain’s dynamic, team and client / customer-centric culture includes 100% of its employees sharing in the investment profits. Star Mountain has maintained an average growth rate of over 50% per year for many years and anticipates a similar trajectory as a leading, specialized private investment firm.
- Assist underwriting and investment team with due diligence evaluating private investment opportunities, including senior debt, mezzanine, and equity investments as well as primary and secondary fund investments
- Conduct research and analysis on industries and geographies
- Prepare financial models, management reviews, industry overviews, expected return scenarios, and present findings to senior management
- Assist with marketing, investor presentations, and investment committee memos
- Assist with innovative technology solutions to support the company’s growth strategy
- Excited to work hard in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment building a unique organization
- Ability to create, analyze, and format financial information effectively using Excel
- Accounting and corporate finance experience / coursework a plus
- High academic performance in core finance coursework (e.g. finance, economics, accounting,
- Previous internships in the finance / investment industry are preferred, but not required
- Highly skilled with MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word for presentation purposes
- Must have great attitude, excellent communication and people skills, integrity, and high work ethic
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Positive culture and attitude along with top quality execution required
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Seeking Interns that can work on a part-time basis (~15-20 hours a week) during the school year and full-time during summer
Location: Interns may be remote during school year and are expected to be able to be full-time during Summer in either NYC or Tampa, Florida.
Start Date: Summer and Fall 2022
Apply: Please click on the "Apply" button below. Please note that applications received without a targeted cover letter will not be considered.
Please visit the following links for more information about Star Mountain, the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation, Star Mountain’s Crain’s and Pensions & Investments awards, and to visit our YouTube channel.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.