Star Mountain Capital is seeking driven, highly energetic Business Development / Investor Relations Interns to join our strong, fast growing team. Star Mountain is a specialized asset management firm focused exclusively on investing in private small and medium-sized businesses. Star Mountain prides itself on its seasoned team and flat-structured organization, with substantial opportunity for career development.
Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial culture directly with senior management, whose experience ranges from launching new businesses to managing tens of billions of assets at well-known investment firms. Potential full-time opportunities will be available for proven candidates.
- Assist with overall marketing and communication efforts, such as creating and/or editing content for investor presentations, investor meetings, event materials, educational decks and market commentary.
- Handle PowerPoint slides and chart updates across all marketing materials.
- Work directly with senior team to help manage and maintain key business development and investor relationships in support of the overall team.
- Compile, synthesize and evaluate market data and other related financial data analysis.
- Assist with Microsoft Dynamics (CRM) database:
- Research prospective investors, maintain database of target investors and relationships and log interactions with investors.
- Populate other salient data, meeting notes and generate reports used both internally and externally.
- Assist with event planning and attend events, including the firm’s charity events
- Ad hoc projects.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or investor relations is preferred but not required.
- Accounting and corporate finance experience / coursework a plus
- High academic performance in core finance coursework (e.g. finance, economics, accounting,
- Highly skilled with MS PowerPoint and Word for presentational purposes as well as other relevant software.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills.
Time Commitment / GPA:
- Seeking Interns in the NYC area with a GPA of at least 3.3 that can work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer
To learn more about our background and culture please click on one of the following links:
Start Date: Fall 2020
Investing in the Growth Engine of America®
Star Mountain Capital was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s in 2017 and 2019
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.