Star Mountain Capital, founded in 2010 by Brett Hickey, is seeking driven, highly energetic interns to join a fast growing, entrepreneurial firm. Star Mountain is a specialized asset management firm focused exclusively on investing in private small and medium-sized businesses through primary fund, secondary fund and direct investment strategies which span the capital structure from senior loans to equity investments. Star Mountain prides itself on its seasoned team and flat-structured organization with substantial opportunity for career development in a driven, but fun and collaborative culture. Opportunity to work directly with senior management, business owners and other leading private fund managers.
- Working directly with the CFO of the company on strategic initiatives.
- Monitoring investments post-close including financial modeling of debt / structured equity schedules.
- Ability to read balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Managing our third-party service providers in fund administration.
- Conduct outreach to existing and prospective investors to educate them regarding Star Mountain.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company and its investment strategies / product offerings.
- Utilize CRM system to track and manage relationships.
- Work in office in NYC (office near Grand Central).
- Working towards undergraduate degree studying Accounting / Finance / Economics.
- Ideally experience with some type of asset management or investment firm.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Detail oriented.
- Sense of ownership and pride in work, firm and culture.
- Quick learner.
- Highly personable and work well in a team environment.
- Requirements also include prioritizing, managing various deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment.
- Seeking Interns that can work on a part-time basis (~15 hours a week) during the school year and full-time during the summer.
To learn more about our background and culture please see click on one of the following links:
Start Date: Fall 2020
Investing in the Growth Engine of America®
Star Mountain Capital was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s in 2017 and 2019.
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.