Star Mountain Capital is a rapidly growing U.S. lower middle-market asset management firm with multiple investment verticles which provides compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in equity. The Firm has over $1 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment verticals and established / diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with great attitudes and work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. The Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial minded investment professional.
The primary investment strategy which the Investment Professional will focus on is providing strategic debt and minority / preferred equity capital to U.S. based businesses with between $5 million and $25 million of EBITDA. Star Mountain's differentiated direct lending strategy includes being an active and value-added investment partner to non-sponsored and niche sponsor-owned companies which includes leveraging its aligned advisory and operating partner network.
In addition to its flexible capital direct lending business, it has a secondary fund and private equity business that the Investment Professional will have the opportunity to participate in both economically and from an investment perspective.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch credit and private equity businesses and executives trained at Goldman Sachs and Citigroup / Salmon Smith Barney, for example.
- New York City-based.
- Primarily, analyze and execute private credit investment opportunities (senior and subordinated debt often with preferred or common equity co-investments) to U.S. based businesses with between $5 and $25 million in EBITDA.
- Secondarily, assist with analyzing purchases of portfolios of credit and equity investments in U.S. lower middle-market funds (secondary fund investments).
- Add value to other aspects of the overall business as an aligned junior partner assisting in building a leading U.S. lower middle-market asset management business.
- Investment due diligence will include on-site meetings, and interacting with key constituents including lenders, equity partners, lawyers, accountants and senior management teams.
- Prepare detailed financial models and investment committee memorandums to discuss with the team.
- Participate in the on-going active management and monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Assist with investor follow-up requests and information relating to portfolio companies, performance, etc.
- Assist with junior team training and development including Star Mountain's comprehensive internship program.
- A Bachelor's degree, ideally in finance and / or accounting.
- 2+ years of credit focused investment experience in U.S. private businesses.
- Strong technical and analytical skills - financial modeling, company research, investment memo preparation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to take on material responsibility and accountability.
- Must have strong references available (at the appropriate time) from peers, subordinates and superiors.
To learn more about our background and culture please see click on one of the following links:
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Base, bonus and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
To Apply: Please submit your application through LinkedIn.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America®
Star Mountain Capital was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s in 2017 and 2019
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.