Star Mountain is a rapidly growing lower middle-market (“LMM”) investment management firm with three complimentary strategies, private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing all focused within North America. These complimentary investment strategies provide compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in carried interest. The Firm has ~$3 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 50 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch leveraged finance and private equity businesses and executives trained at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
Star Mountain’s dynamic, team and client / customer-centric culture includes 100% of its employees sharing in the investment profits. Star Mountain has maintained an average growth rate of over 50% per year for many years and anticipates a similar trajectory as a leading, specialized private investment firm.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the treasury function, cash management operations (fund and investment level) and cash reconciliation for multiple credit funds and investment management accounts, including management of internal resources
- Development and management of internal loan accrual systems, including onboarding new loans on a post-close transaction basis
- Work closely with deal teams/fund counsel/tax advisors and portfolio company management on investment transactions and support
- Serve as primary interface with external loan agency / servicing vendors, maintaining regular communication with external fund administration teams
- Assess data quality and ensure standardization across financial tracking and reporting
- 7 to 10 years of accounting and/or financial operations experience in a combination of treasury management, fund administration, or another private credit / investment management firm
- Familiarity with business development companies, treasury, fund operations, bank loans, fund administration, and general ledger systems
- Experience with credit/loan agreements, agreements among lenders and equity-related documentation
- Experience with complex loan agency management and processing
- High attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft product suite (e.g.; Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and great people skills
Location: Based in Tampa, FL or remote.
Compensation: Base, bonus, and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
Please submit resume through LinkedIn.
Please visit the following links for more information about Star Mountain, the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation, Star Mountain’s Crain’s and Pensions & Investments awards, and to visit our YouTube channel.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.