Star Mountain is a rapidly growing lower middle-market (“LMM”) investment management firm with three complimentary strategies, private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing all focused within North America. These complimentary investment strategies provide compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in carried interest. The Firm has ~$3 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 50 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch leveraged finance and private equity businesses and executives trained at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
Star Mountain’s dynamic, team and client / customer-centric culture includes 100% of its employees sharing in the investment profits. Star Mountain has maintained an average growth rate of over 50% per year for many years and anticipates a similar trajectory as a leading, specialized private investment firm.
- Lead analysis and execution of private credit and structured equity investment opportunities to U.S. based LMM businesses
- Manage the investment underwriting and execution process including overseeing financial modelling and returns analyses from junior support staff, and presentation of investment committee memoranda
- Lead negotiation of definitive credit and equity-related documentation, including financial covenants
- Add value to other aspects of the overall business as an aligned partner assisting in building a leading U.S. LMM asset management business
- Cultivate relationships with deal flow origination sources and prospective limited partners
- Role may also include analysis and execution of purchases of portfolios of credit and equity investments in U.S. LMM funds (secondary fund investments)
- Participate in the on-going, active monitoring of portfolio companies, including anticipating / documenting credit events and creatively identifying / executing value-added activities to support portfolio company needs
- Assist with junior team training and development
- 12+ years of relevant experience including cash-flow lending / investing to U.S. companies with between $5 to $30 million of EBITDA
- Demonstrated breadth of experience in executing leveraged finance transactions across industries
- Strong quantitative aptitude as well as communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to take on material responsibility and accountability for transaction execution, asset management and credit outcomes
- Experience negotiating loan agreements, Agreements Among Lenders and equity-related documentation
- High attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft product suite (e.g.; Word, PowerPoint, Excel power user)
- Team player with a positive attitude and great people skills
- Willingness to travel nationwide as needed for new investment due diligence, portfolio company board meetings and investor relations initiatives / events
Location: Tampa, FL
Compensation: Base, bonus, and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
Please submit resume through LinkedIn.
Please visit the following links for more information about Star Mountain, the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation, Star Mountain’s Crain’s and Pensions & Investments awards, and to visit our YouTube channel.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.