Star Mountain is a rapidly growing lower middle-market (“LMM”) investment management firm with three complimentary strategies, private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing all focused within North America. These complimentary investment strategies provide compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in carried interest. The Firm has ~$3 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 50 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch leveraged finance and private equity businesses and executives trained at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
Star Mountain’s dynamic, team and client / customer-centric culture includes 100% of its employees sharing in the investment profits. Star Mountain has maintained an average growth rate of over 50% per year for many years and anticipates a similar trajectory as a leading, specialized private investment firm.
- Confidential data management, working with c-level executives
- Work directly with and prepare financial analysis and reporting for various Star Mountain initiatives
- Assist with processing payroll / other compensation projects
- Bookkeeping / financial budgeting for internal purposes
- Assist with employee / human resources related matters
- Basic legal agreement editing
- Regulatory / compliance initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar study preferred
- 10+ year of experience
- Hybrid / work from home optional (with occasional onsite meetings)
- 30+ hours per week (flexible)
- Background working in investment business (e.g. family office, asset manager, private equity, hedge fund, investment banking, accounting firm)
- High energy / self-starter - excited to work hard in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment building a unique organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with outside parties and personnel across all levels of the firm
- Attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft product suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel power user)
- Experience working with senior executives on confidential matters
Location: New York City, Tri-State Area. Flexible work environment which may vary depending on the candidate.
Compensation: Base, bonus and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
Please submit resume through LinkedIn.
Please visit the following links for more information about Star Mountain, the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation, Star Mountain’s Crain’s and Pensions & Investments awards, and to visit our YouTube channel.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.