Star Mountain is a rapidly growing U.S. lower middle-market asset management firm with multiple investment verticals which provides compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in equity. The Firm has $1+ billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment verticals and established / diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with great attitudes and work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial minded investment professional.
The primary investment strategy which the Investment Professional will focus on is providing strategic debt and minority / preferred equity capital to U.S. based businesses with between $5 million and $25 million of EBITDA. Star Mountain’s differentiated direct lending strategy includes being an active and value-added investment partner to non-sponsored and niche sponsor-owned companies which includes leveraging its aligned advisory and operating partner network.
In addition to its flexible capital direct lending business, it has a secondary fund and private equity business that the Investment Professional will have the opportunity to participate in both economically and from an investment perspective.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch credit and private equity businesses and executives trained at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Citigroup / Salmon Smith Barney.
Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Pensions & Investments and Crain’s in 2019.
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.
- Location options include: Texas (Dallas preferred), Florida, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Primarily originate and assist in negotiating and analyzing private credit investment opportunities (senior and subordinated debt often with preferred or common equity co-investments) to U.S. based businesses with between $5 and $25 million in EBITDA.
- Secondarily, assist with originating and analyzing purchases of portfolios of credit and equity investments in U.S. lower middle-market funds (secondary fund investments).
- Oversee the underwriting and help prepare investment committee memorandums to discuss with the team.
- Participate in the on-going active management and monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Assist marketing team with investor relations including local institutional and high-net-worth investors.
- Add value to other aspects of the overall business as an aligned partner.
- Assist with junior team development
- 10+ years of credit focused direct investment experience in U.S. private businesses (which can include commercial bank senior lending).
- Established network of lower middle-market deal flow relationships with brokers, commercial banks, service providers and private equity sponsors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude and great people skills.
To learn more about our background and culture please see click on one of the following links:
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Base, bonus and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
To Apply: Please submit your targeted cover letter and resume via the Apply button below.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America®