Star Mountain is a rapidly growing, specialized private investment firm focused on the large and less competitive lower middle-market – businesses that generally have between $3 million and $50 million in annual EBITDA (“LMM”). The firm employs three complementary strategies: private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing, all focused within North America. The Firm’s track record, business model, growth trajectory and award-winning culture provide compelling career opportunities for driven and talented individuals. Culture is a core principle which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in investment profits. The Firm has over $3 billion in assets under management and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base of domestic and global institutions (including public pensions, corporate pensions, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, and family offices) and individuals. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. The Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for dedicated, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 60 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
The senior team has over 500 years of collective investment experience including prior leadership experience at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Thoma Bravo, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, H.I.G., and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
- Originate, underwrite, negotiate and manage structured minority equity and control private equity investments in U.S. and Canadian based businesses that generally have between $5 million and $50 million in annual EBITDA.
- Broad range of sector focus generally excluding energy and real estate.
- Add value to other aspects of the overall business as an aligned partner in the Company (including the complementary direct credit and secondary fund investment strategies).
- Role may also include analysis and execution of purchases of portfolios of equity investments in LMM funds (secondary fund investments).
- Assist with junior team training and development.
- Assist with investor relations including speaking with investors who may be interested in Star Mountain funds.
- 12+ years of relevant investment experience including private equity investments in to North American-based companies with between $5 and $50 million of EBITDA.
- Strong deal originator, negotiator, underwriter and portfolio manager of private businesses.
- Experience in industries where Star Mountain invests (generally excluding real estate and energy and less focused on consumer retail), including technology, business services, healthcare, media and industrials.
- Strong internal and external communication skills, both written and verbal, including for dealing with investors.
- Team player with a positive attitude and great people skills.
- Willingness to travel nationwide as needed for new investment due diligence, portfolio company board meetings and investor relations initiatives / events.
Location: Remote nationwide.
Compensation: Base, bonus, and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
Please submit resume through LinkedIn and if you would like to include additional information, kindly submit a cover letter and resume to: careers@StarMountainCapital.com and place “Private Equity Managing Director” in subject line.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®