Star Mountain is a rapidly growing lower middle-market (“LMM”) investment management firm with three complimentary strategies, private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing all focused within North America. These complimentary investment strategies provide compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in carried interest. The Firm has ~$3 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 50 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch leveraged finance and private equity businesses and executives trained at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
Star Mountain’s dynamic, team and client / customer-centric culture includes 100% of its employees sharing in the investment profits. Star Mountain has maintained an average growth rate of over 50% per year for many years and anticipates a similar trajectory as a leading, specialized private investment firm.
- Work directly with senior team to help manage and maintain key business development and investor relationships in support of the overall marketing team
- Research prospective investors, maintain database of target investors and relationships and log interactions with investors (using CRM)
- Assist in preparation of materials to support investor meetings, conferences, and other investor events
- Create and coordinate the drafting/distribution of marketing materials
- Assist with social media efforts on Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube and Twitter (group pages and communication)
- Help manage contact management tools and CRM systems
- Previous related experience in marketing, investor relations is preferred
- Experience managing projects using Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, Twitter and CRM applications
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task while maintaining disciplined attention to detail and priorities
- Highly skilled with MS PowerPoint and Word for presentational purposes as well as other relevant software
- Creative, energetic, and self-motivated, a proven track record of taking initiative and problem solving
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Investment industry experience a plus
Location: New York or option to work from Star Mountain’s Florida office.
Compensation: Base, bonus and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
Please submit resume through LinkedIn.
Please visit the following links for more information about Star Mountain, the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation, Star Mountain’s Crain’s and Pensions & Investments awards, and to visit our YouTube channel.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.