Star Mountain is a rapidly growing lower middle-market (“LMM”) investment management firm with three complimentary strategies, private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing all focused within North America. These complimentary investment strategies provide compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in carried interest. The Firm has ~$3 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 50 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch leveraged finance and private equity businesses and executives trained at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
Star Mountain’s dynamic, team and client / customer-centric culture includes 100% of its employees sharing in the investment profits. Star Mountain has maintained an average growth rate of over 50% per year for many years and anticipates a similar trajectory as a leading, specialized private investment firm.
- Support the maintenance and continued operations of the S&P IHS Markit’s iLEVEL / WSO platforms
- Assist with process of streamlining and automating the collection of portfolio company data from investment professionals and the underlying portfolio companies
- Examining the quality of information provided by investment professionals and portfolio companies
- Maintenance and implementation of continued design enhancement of the firm’s reporting platform
- Creates new input templates, modifies existing templates as needed, and directs users on proper uses of excel integrations (iPUTS, iGETS)
- Assist in the quarterly review and circulation of portfolio reporting materials
- Maintenance or creation of business intelligence tools, databases, and dashboards
- Manage the process of onboarding new iLEVEL users and assist with administering appropriate training
- Working with Financial Operations team on several cross-group data related initiatives
- Liaise with IT development team on continued system design along with testing of system development and integration
- Accurately and efficiently assist fundraising and investor relations with the preparation of Limited Partner requests
- 3-4 years of relevant business information systems experience
- Understanding of the Private Equity business or asset management are required
- Basic understanding of data architecture
- Knowledge of business specific platforms (e.g. iLEVEL, WSO) and business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI, CRM, SQL)
- Microsoft Excel power user
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and great people skills
Location: Based in Tampa, FL or remote.
Compensation: Base, bonus, and equity package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
Please submit resume through LinkedIn.
Please visit the following links for more information about Star Mountain, the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation, Star Mountain’s Crain’s and Pensions & Investments awards, and to visit our YouTube channel.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.