Star Mountain Capital is seeking driven, highly energetic Events and Social Media Interns to join our strong, fast growing team. Star Mountain is a specialized asset management firm focused exclusively on investing in private small and medium-sized businesses. Star Mountain prides itself on its seasoned team and flat-structured organization, with substantial opportunity for career development.
Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial culture directly with senior management, whose experience ranges from launching new businesses to managing tens of billions of assets at well-known investment firms. Potential full-time opportunities will be available for proven candidates.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ® - Star Mountain Capital is a specialized lower middle-market asset management firm focused on investing directly and through other funds into private U.S. businesses that have between $10 and $150 million in annual revenues. Star Mountain brings large market expertise, resources and relationships to its portfolio companies and fund manager partners. Star Mountain invests (1) directly into established, small and medium-sized companies, (2) as a strategic limited partner into other lower middle-market funds and (3) as a secondary fund investor providing liquidity to limited partners in lower middle-market funds and companies.
For more information, please visit www.StarMountainCapital.com
- Assist in the logistics and execution of all company events (including the firm’s charity events), conferences attending, speaking engagements, webinars, and YouTube / social media video & podcast production
- Assist with and help manage the firm’s social media efforts on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Assist in preparation of materials to support client meetings, conferences, and other client events
- Help manage website content management system, general business contact management tools and CRM systems
- Previous internship or related experience in events or project management is preferred but not required.
- High academic performance in core finance coursework (e.g. finance, economics, accounting,
- Highly skilled with MS PowerPoint and Word for presentational purposes as well as other relevant software.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills.
Time Commitment / GPA
- Seeking Interns in the NYC area who can work part-time (~15 hours a week) during the school year and full-time during the summer
Start Date: Fall 2020
Investing in the Growth Engine of America®
Star Mountain Capital was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s in 2017 and 2019.
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.