Star Mountain is a rapidly growing lower middle-market (“LMM”) investment management firm with three complimentary strategies, private credit, private equity and secondary fund investing all focused within North America. These complimentary investment strategies provide compelling career opportunities and competitive investment advantages. Culture is a core principal which includes long-term alignment of interest with 100% of employees participating in carried interest. The Firm has ~$3 billion in AUM and expects strong continued growth based on its performance, distinctive investment approach and its diversified investor base. Star Mountain values team players with positive, solutions-based attitudes complemented by a strong work ethic and is heavily committed to long-term training and career development. Firm is 100% employee-owned with material long-term wealth creation opportunity for long-term, entrepreneurial professionals. Dynamic team of over 50 full-time people and 40+ Senior Advisors / Operating Partners.
Chairman, Brian Finn, is the former Co-President of Credit Suisse First Boston and Global Head of ~$100 billion AUM investment business. Other executives include former heads of Merrill Lynch leveraged finance and private equity businesses and executives trained at Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Barings.
For the last three consecutive years, Star Mountain was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by both Crain’s and Pensions & Investments.
- Create targeted lists with information on the people being met with in advance to ensure meetings are maximized.
- Help make travel and general schedules of the Senior Team as coordinated and efficient as possible.
- Develop and maintain potential client pipelines and follow-up efforts in coordination with Senior Team
- Assist Senior Team to develop and nurture relationships with sophisticated institutional clients, such as pension funds, endowments, foundations, family offices, and insurance companies.
- Develop and maintain potential client pipelines and follow-up efforts, including extensive outbound phone calling, in coordination with Senior Team.
- Assist with overall marketing and communication efforts, such as creating and/or editing content for RFPs, investor presentations, investor meetings, event materials, educational decks and market commentary.
- Ensure CRM information relating to prospective and current investors is highly accurate and up to date in order to improve the overall firm.
- Manage internal meetings relating to fundraising activities including beginning on time, preparing agendas, having appropriate materials printed / ready on screen, and follow-up items are processed.
- Monitor and maintain Senior Team calendars and contacts in CRM and Outlook; coordinate internal and external meetings of individuals at all levels
- Update and manage client contact information and meeting notes in CRM
- Create and maintain various reports to support all fundraising efforts
- Research and provide internal team with regular updates on current and prospective clients.
- Utilize various service providers (Preqin, Pitchbook and others) to source new information on industry, fundraising trends or research new prospective investors.
- Additional Needs as Star Mountain Expands to Tampa, Florida:
- Greeting relationships and developing strong rapport with them predominantly in the Star Mountain office as well as at out-of-office events
- Coordinate meetings between internal and external constituents including scheduling, arranging catering, and developing meeting agendas
- Assist with human resources management and recruiting, as well as assisting with management of the year-round internship program
- Oversee a well-managed, professional, and organized office environment
- 5+ of experience in finance services industry (insurance, investment firm, investment bank, accounting firm or family office).
- Proficient MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Good working knowledge of a CRM system (MS Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.)
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and phone communication skills.
- Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive, engaging attitude, sense of ownership and pride in firm and culture
- Self-starter, ability to work with all levels within an organization,
- Sit in our Tampa, FL Office
Location: Tampa, Florida
Compensation: Base, bonus, and incentive package within a heavily aligned organizational culture.
Please submit resume through LinkedIn.
Please visit the following links for more information about Star Mountain, the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation, Star Mountain’s Crain’s and Pensions & Investments awards, and to visit our YouTube channel.
Investing in the Growth Engine of America ®
Note: Detailed award eligibility requirements for Crain’s can be found here and for Pensions & Investments here.